Re: Fw: scoop & Monk holiday show.

     I would like to see Over-the-Rhine play at Memorial
Hall.  I just saw the Monk / Katie Reider holiday show
there last night.  It is an amazingly pretty and intimate
hall.  The hall is on the second floor.  The first floor
has two large rooms separated by a hallway.  The first
floor would be a great place for people to mingle and
meet each other.

     Monk / Katies Reider was a three act show like the
Over-the-Rhine holiday show on a smaller scale.  First up
was Tom Wood from St. Louis who sang his own songs and
played acoustic guitar (a lot of fine resonance in his
voice and guitar).

     Ric Hordinski's Monk was second.  This version of
Monk was Ric, Mike Georgin on bass, Josh Suerkamp on drum
kit and other percussion, and a keyboard player.  Josh
also plays for Katie Reider. This set had some very long
jams.

     Katie Reider was third.  She has a powerful voice
that holds up to her powerful band.  She was rocking
throughout her show.  Even her sadest song seemed happy.

     The encore was Monk with Katie Reider harmonizing
with Ric Hordinski.

     See the posts early this week for news of the Taft
show.  The taft is very large but if you buy tickets on
the first day that they are on sale you can be on the
main floor.

--Rick C