RE: Appreciation (was RE: OTR relocating)

hi.

some of you might remember me...  :)

all of this talk about hoosiers made me decide to put my left foot in and do
the hokey-pokey again. but just this once...

i used to be a hoosier as well, and i'd have to say that i'm more prone to
back up the michael downey's and the bink's of the world (hi, bink!) when it
comes to differing views on indiana culture. at least northern indiana
culture.

now, i'm not out to needlessly bash hoosiers, but there is certainly a VAST
majority of hoosiers that eat, think and breathe (as mr. downey sort-of put
it) NASCAR, pick up trucks, and calvin urinating on a ford logo.

but i suppose this is fundamentally really no different than any other area
of the country. everywhere you go, there is a definate majority. except for
major metropolitan areas. it just so happens that the majority in small town
indiana is partial to most of the things that i'm not.

but really, i suppose that where i lived in indiana (pop. 15,000) is
probably no different than any other pop. 15,000 town somewhere in iowa or
minnesota or whatever. i suppose i've just gotten spoiled by living in a
larger city now where 'kindred spirits' are much easier to come by.

so did i have a point? well, after reading back over this, it doesn't really
appear that i did.

which is probably why i never post.

you take your left foot out,
eric.