ethical dilemmas and viggies (was RE: newbie from philly)

amy joy wrote:
> good gracious--now i know who to call the next
> time i go to the city of listee-ly love!  thanks
> for allieving (how the hell does one spell that
> word?!) my fears of a complete corporate takeover
> of course, starbucks *has* done their part to
> promote our dear k&l...hmm...does this birth an
> ethical dilemma?

no ethical dilemma.  going to starbucks won't send you into a moral
collapse.  *not* supporting big corporations just for the sake of their "big
corporation-ness" is never a good reason, in my mind.  starbucks chai is no
good, though, IMO.  too bitter.

i support all things indie, but it doesn't sway me from darkening the
automatic doorways of my local best buy or wal-mart every once in a while.
i do draw the line on malls, though.  it's been about 2 years since i've
been to a mall.  i don't forsee going to one (on my own freewill) anytime
soon.

good corporations... border's books and music (very kind to independent and
local music).  i can't think of any others, but i'm not really trying right
now.

> who's going to the vigilantes of love show at
> canal street next thursday?

i am.  it should be good.

plain rap,
Dan