Re: Education and election

> Actually, according to polls both before the election and exit polls, the
more
> educated you were, the more likely you were to vote for Bush.

the poor has always been a big voting block for the democrates, no surprise
there, but then there are also the well-educated and liberal-by-choice
people...eitherway, its always fun to poke at the uptight conservatives.

> Ignoring ideology and the "nya nya" factor for a moment, I can think of
one
> excellent reason - you don't have to be in the "top one percent" of income
> benefit from Bush updating the tax laws,

the tax-cut is based on a federal budget surplus that's not going to be
there. the economy is slowing down as it is.  and see if you can follow this
line of events here:  taxcut--more discretionary spending cash in the hands
of the consumer--inflation--higher interest rates--recession which is coming
within the next fours years.

>My wife and I would have saved $7500 last year ALONE had a
> Bush tax code update been in place.

that $7500 would've come in handy for the down payment for that SUV that
gets 5 miles to the gallon to match your neighbor's, right?

>Educated tend to have good jobs, and
> be able to do the math on such things.

for some, education opens eyes to the problems and the inequalities.  for
some, education is a way to help others who are not as fortunate.  and then
for some, education is merely a formality taken for granted, nothing taken
and nothing given in the process;  wasted time and effort, pearls before
swines.

>I think you have to be a union
> electrician in Hollywood with a hybrid electric vehicle to benefit from a
Gore
> plan.

gore had a "hybrid electric volkswagon in every garage" plan?

> The electoral college gives a balance to the small states.

the small states are no more consequential in the electoral system or
otherwise.

>We don't throw out our constitution every time we loose
> like a banana republic.

what does that mean?  "we loose like a banana republic",  another well
educated conservative i see.