Lafayette IN Over the Rhine show 12/8

 Tickets went on sale today for a Friday, December 8 show with Over the Rhine plus special guest Barbara
Higbie, It will be at Duncan Hall, 619 Ferry Street, Lafayette, Indiana, an elegant little concert hall that has
excellent acoustics and seats 250. The show starts at 8:00 PM--we're on Eastern time.

    Advance tickets are available locally at Von's Records, JL CDs, and McGuire Music for $8; they are $10 day
of show. Advance tickets by mail are $9; make checks payable to Friends of Bob; mail them to Friends of Bob,
Box 59, Battle Ground, IN 47920; please include your name, address, phone # and e-mail address.

    Here's what we're saying about Barbara Higbie, the opening act:

    As sometimes happens, we manage to snag a  talent who could easily be a  headline act for  the opener.
Make no mistake, Barbara Higbie (www.barbarahigbie.com) is an outstanding singer, writer, and instrumentalist. For some years
she's been a major player in the San Fransisco area, but this year she moved back to Indiana for family reasons. Equally talented
on piano and fiddle she has played with Terry Riley, Ferron, Greg Brown, David Grisman, and Kronos Quartet. She's played on some
45 albums and  recently Montreaux. She has terrific solo albums on Wyndham Hill and Slowbaby Records that blend jazz, folk, classical, African, Brazilian, and Celtic music. Joni Mitchell meets Eric Satie is a description that occurred to me, but her music is multi-faceted.

    In case you're wondering about Friends of Bob, we're a not-for-profit live music co-op that for the past six
years has been bringing music to Lafayette. www.dcwi.com/~fobob is our web address.

    If you're a reasonable drive from Lafayette, we hope to see you at this show. We're excited about it.

Richard Fudge

Friends of Bob live music co-op
Lafayette, Indiana
PO Box 59, Battle Ground, IN 47920