Re: five iron felicity

--- eustace clarence <ecscrubb at swbell_net> wrote:

> Now, thinking of the BNL evokes another question.
> Why is it so difficult for great Canadian bands to
> crossover into stardom down here in the US? Bands
> like the Tragically Hip, Sloan, 54-40, and
> Jane Siberry (attn: OtR content here; do you all
> remember her brilliant opening show for the Emery
> Theatre concert a couple of years back) are all very
> worthy radio bands, but, here in Dallas, it is nigh
> to impossible to find people who have heard
> of them.

Honestly, I don't know and I always wondered... The
Tragically Hip is a fantastic band although my
american cousin and his friends believe they sound
like a "bar band" whatever that's supposed to mean...
What about Moist, Edwin, Adam Cohen...?  Do they have
an airtime "down south"??

Ugh and no.... Bryan Adams does NOT count.... nor does
Celine Dion!