Re: Compilation CD

drew's just been kicking the snot out of me lately to get it kick started
and do something.  it seems it's easier to bounce off ideas when the
artmonger is local and persistent as heck.  plus, nothing's set in stone
artwise yet.  we're expecting to visit a local photographer to obtain some
pictures to use on the project.

so it's not like I'm saying, "here drew, make some artwork" or "hey amy,
don't make some artwork" or anything.  More than anything over the rhine
related, I'd like to get this albatross off the ground.  with drew emailing
me 16-page booklet layouts etc over the last week and phoning to get
feedback seemingly hourly at times, it just seems to be progressing that
way.

and the way I remember all this tribute stuff starting was on this list,
just bantering back and forth etc.  and on the third or so wave of
discussions about it, I wrote, "heck, let's do it" and that was a year and a
half ago.  so now I've amassed a fun collection of recordings that are
itchin' to be heard.  and so they should.

as far as the purportations of it being 'produced', that's probably not the
best word.  all of the submissions have been produced by the artists or by
their selected producers.  drew and I have only produced our own works.
perhaps 'overseen' is a better selection of words.

the three major phases of the project that are more in limbo are mastering
the entire disc (haven't discussed this project with anthony gravely lately,
he was going to do it), manufacture of the artwork (and all along I never
wanted it to be some homemade type thing, so that's definitely a major
phase) and disc production.  if anyone has any feedback on these phases,
please email me privately.

[you shine when others fade, you dare to be so brave, don't compromise,
no-one can touch you, just believe, just believe!, come to heaven silva
halo.] (duran, silva halo, 97)

bruce