for art's sake...

kelvin (hi, kelvin!) pops in about art with:

honestly believe real art is created out of a sense of
compulsion on
the
part of the artist.  It may make no sense to anyone
but him - and maybe
not even to him.  But it is in someway true to his
experience.

--marie here with, "i agree about the experience
issue."  i believe that creation is beyond me but that
i may participate.  the way it comes out is a
reflection of its origin but of course stroked and
shaped by its filter, the artist him/herself.  i think
of people as creations and so a reflection of such is
adamantly asserted in what we create as well.  i read
an excellent essay that basically said that artists
shouldn't be creating to tell anyone anything in
particular.  it's not about my will or agenda.  it's
about what i'm experiencing and about sharing that
experience honestly and openly.  certainly a
vulnerable thing.

btw, anyone know about chris dahlgren's new cd (isn't
terri t. colaborating on it too???)?????

take care-
marie