In defense of a little emotion

Well, I like Victoria Williams [I know, wrong list] and yeah, she's no UB40,
but she has her own kinda thang.  If you can *grace* over [through, because
of] the notably different voice, I think she has talent as a song writer and
artist.  And, more importantly, she holds a place in my emotional past that
I would not be the same without.  Without which I would not be the same.
(Pearl Jam's version of Crazy Mary on the Sweet Relief volume 1 M.S. benefit
album is quite something to behold.  Take a bottle, drink it down, pass it
around.  Good advice.)  Back to the emotional thing - in a word as a
freshman in college she was pretty cool to me and I appreciated the fact
that she had laid down some tracks for us to listen to.  For to us to
listen.  Or maybe I was just enamored by my older friends who liked her and
since I was aping them in everything else, I had to adopt their preferences
in music, too.  But I must admit she came alive, or rather, stuck around,
after they were gone, after I was gone.  I still have my Loose tour tee
(1995) with a child-like drawing of a donkey on it.  And it still gets the
comments.  I certainly wouldn't call her popular (though I heard her husband
with the Jayhawks in the grocery store the other day!)

I think the emotional thing (who was it saying that she patterns the moods
of her life to OTR?  Life's soundtrack.) is really what makes me/us stick
around for silly things like discussion lists.  Irony upon irony my
emotional attachments may mean nothing to you if you knew them, and vice
versa, but we are polite enough to let each other continue in our fantasies.
  Derridian, I know, but true, and it's the sharing of those images/ideas
that enriches our own experiences of the band.  Hence my little flashback to
freshman year.  Hope you enjoyed it.

Well, since I'm at work, I should look busy.  Thanks for the break.  Wish me
luck as I have a job interview at lunch.  And tell OTR to tour the South
East sometime, too.

With emotion and scratches on records,

dean

That which you fear the most/
could meet you half way

The Barstool Philosophers rock your world with bottles in our hands and
improv fresh out of our *happy places*.
  http://www.barstoolphilosophers.com