Re: Blue Jordan review

Somehow, Kelvin's response never arrived in my lap.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jessica Walker" <jesinrhineland at hotmail_com>
To: <Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: Blue Jordan review

> Gentlemen-
>
> I do admit that Monk is a wonderfully evolving band but I'll have so many
> other opportunities to see them. (I am also trying to work on a Ric
> Hordinski piece right now.)
>
> I will ask you this:
>
> How many more opportunites will we have to see Vic's genius? Isn't that by
> itself worthy of postponing a Monk viewing?

I saw 5-7 minutes of her, and that was enough.     Speaking of genius, I
bought _Oxygene 7-13_ by Jean Michel Jarre today.    And Brian Eno's _Nerve
Net_.

Now *that* is genius, ladies and gentlemen.

> Taste is relative, Chris Emery. ;>

Not in my world, Jessical Aguilar Walker.

> Jessica Aguilar Walker
>
> >From: Kelvin Bailey <prestokelvo at juno_com>
> >To: cemery at columbus_rr.com

It lies!

> >So this is where I either
> >a) Hang my head in shame and say "You're right, Mr. Emery."  I fell for
> >the hype.  Much like those who fall for the "rap is music" hype.  I'll be
> >more careful next time.

Rap is music, Kelvin.   Represent.

> >or
> >b)Stick to my guns.  "Heck yeah, I like her.  Anyone who says she's
> >overrated obviously doesn't get her."

That's a cop out, my friend.

~C