Moonlite Gardens show

Wow, its surprising that no one has really posted much since Friday night.  Its even strange that myself(a die hard lurker) is the first person to post any type of review.  Of course I have to post since Bruce told me he wouldn't do anything until I did.  Well, here is my attempt at a review.

I got to Coney Island about 8:10 because of work and other obligations, so I couldn't make it to Lebo's beforehand.  The two bands opening for OTR were very good in my opinion.  Brownhouse was OTR like in its music, but different enough to have their own style.  I thought that they said they wrote most of the material a few weeks before, but I might be mistaken.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to see them more since they are from Cincinnati.  Ticklepenny Corner was also very good and different.  They seemed a little more countryish and had some songs that I really liked.  I arrived 2 songs into Brownhouse's set, so I just grabbed a chair and sat near the back on the left side.  I didn't spend much time looking for anyone, since I knew I'd have time to do so later.  After Ticklepenny played, and after I got some coffee(since it was a lot colder than I thought it would be, probably along with most everyone there), I talked with some listees(Drew, Bruce, Dan, Jay and Lynzi) and then took my seat again for OTR.

I thought that OTR played a very good set.  Karin had blond hair in 2 pigtails, so she looked like she was a teenager.  I wonder what her natural hair color is, since it seems to change everytime I see OTR play.  The band played well, and provided a good mix of songs.  I'll let someone else post a set list, but some that I remember are "Go Down Easy", "Lucy", "Bothered", "Latter Days" and "My Love is a Fever".  I was glad to hear some older songs that I hadn't heard in while(but they might have been playing them in other shows I didn't go to).  I don't think there is much else to tell about the show from my point of view.  I let others fill in more details.

After the show, a bunch of us met up at Bruce's favorite place, Kaldi's where we hung out for a few hours talking.  I had a really great time seeing old friends again and meeting new people.  To those of you that I met for the first time(Alfred, and the 2 people from Brownhouse whose names I forget, sorry) it was great to meet you and for those who I didn't meet, maybe we'll see each other again.

This is probably the longest post I've ever written.  I guess I'll go back to lurking, unless someone pulls me out of the shadows again.

Andy