Press Release

Over the Rhine - Press Release
Coney Island Moonlight Gardens Concert
Cincinnati, Ohio
Friday, September 15, 2000
Doors open @ 7pm, Showtime @ 8pm
With Special guests Ticklepenny Corner and Brownhouse
Tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations...

Virgin/Backporch recording artists Over the Rhine will be taking a break from
putting the finishing touches on their new album long enough to perform a
hometown concert at historic Coney Island's Moonlight Gardens this Friday,
September 15, 2000. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 day of show, and
available through Ticketmaster outlets.

Over the Rhine's new album, Films for Radio, will be released early next year
on Virgin's Backporch label. The band is describing the record as pop music
ala Over the Rhine, and promises it will feature the band's curious signature
blend of joyful sadness, mysticism and sensuality, simplicity and
unpredictability.

Over the Rhine will dip into the new batch of songs at Friday's concert, and
trip through older recordings as well, putting new twists on songs that have
been in the band's expanding repertoire for years.

In addition to finishing their own collection of new recordings in the year
2000, Over the Rhine launched their new website earlier this year at
overtherhine.com. Every month, the site features a free, previously-
unreleased MP3 recording, and also contains free permanent MP3 files of
selected songs (which fans voted on and picked as definitive), from each of
the seven existing full-length recordings. There are weekly quotes, weekly
recommendations of books and films, weekly "specials", complete archives of
lyrics, downloadable sheet music files, and additional "selected writings" of
Karin Bergquist and Linford Detweiler. There are growing press archives,
copies of old newsletters and numerous photos. The band recently hosted a
short story contest (contestants finished a story that Linford Detweiler
started) and received scores of entries from around the world. The company
hosting the band's site has reported that overtherhine.com is one of their
busiest domains, receiving in excess of 18,000 visitors a month. And the band
stresses that the site is still evolving.

Starbucks has licensed an Over the Rhine track for an upcoming compilation
which is to include contributions from Elvis Costello, Miles Davis and Jeff
Buckley. Two films have licensed songs for upcoming soundtracks.

"Our music continues to quietly spread its wings and drift out of town," says
Karin Bergquist. "We're not talking about airplanes trailing colorful
banners, but the songs are persistently finding their way into good places."

The line-up Friday night will consist of a quintet featuring band leaders
Karin Bergquist (vocals and guitar) and Linford Detweiler (keyboards and
guitar), Jack Henderson on electric guitars and lapsteel, David LaBruyere on
bass and Don Heffington on drums.

Ticklepenny Corner, an up-and-coming act from Wisconsin, and local teen
sensations, Brownhouse, will open the concert.

"It's one of our favorite venues," says Linford Detweiler. "It's like a
family reunion down by the river. And it's our last outdoor concert of the
year which for us, sort of officially marks the end of summer."

*Please do not reply to this e-mail*