Re: The future of OtR

It almost seems like a compromise to me.  A compromise in the good sense
of the word, I mean.  By signing with a label the band is more able to
concentrate on the music, letting the label folks deal with all the
boring, time-consuming business stuff.

As far as popularity, the thought of seeing OtR on TRL or Behind the
Music seems...well, kind of discombobulating.  At the same time, it would
be great to see them recognized by folks in the biz.  I would like to see
them attain popularity on the level of say David Wilcox or the Sundays.
That way they would do well as far as record sales, they would have world
wide critical acclaim, they would be played across the nation on good
radio stations, but Carson Daily would be clueless.  Yeah...I like that.
It would be kind of like in 1998 when Lauryn Hill seemed to be all the
rage and her album was touted as the most critically acclaimed of the
year.  Fact was, if you looked at all the ligitimate music magazines and
critic polls combined, it was actually Lucinda Willaims who got the most
nods.  It's just that the folks at Tiger Beat had never heard of her.

Speaking of Tiger Beat, I think the MTV video awards have finally hit
rock bottem.  It was definitely the "Most Popular TRL Video Crap Awards."
 Eminem?!?  What the crap?

Let it marinate...

Kelvin