Re: Good flicks?

Okay...my suggestion for a good disturbing type o'film
would be The Cube.  The acting is generally atrocious
but if you can put up with it the movie has this way
of sticking to the inside of your brain, like peanut
butter.  Actually, the movie gave me nightmares...and
not because it was particularly scary but simply
because it magnifies that side of humanity that does
garishly inhumane things in the name of...well,
something.  No one's ever really sure what.

Rachel

PS  As for American Beauty it may have a lot of
cliches but as the other discussion on this list has
pointed out: nothing new under the sun, right?  At any
rate, sometimes the good ole' cliches need to be
regurgitated in some new form for the next generation.
 I don't know very many people my age that have heard
of, let alone seen, Lolita.  Personally, I was
enthralled by American Beauty.  I couldn't necessarily
pin point why, but I was.