Re: tor-e

< How long have you guys been Tori fans?

I've been a fan for about 3 years, and just like otr I wish I could of found
her earlier!

< Comparing-- Quite difficult?

Well, It used to be VERY difficult to compare Tori to anyone else until I
found otr. Being a piano player-based songwritter myself, I really fell in
love with her the minute I heard Little Earthquakes. The songs are so real,
so passionate... she's been such an inspiration to me in many, many ways.
Like you, Sherry, I've been praying for Tori myself. Last year my husband and
I went to the tour for Choirgirl in Seattle, WA.  Having been looking forward
to it so much, I was greatly dissapointed and just came away with a deep
sadness.  It's like she turned from evil to good within a matter of songs!
"Hey Jupiter" and "Jackie's Strength" were the only songs she did by herself
without all the other stuff, and they literally brought me to tears... as
many of her slower/solo songs do, but than the band came on again and she was
back to screaming and the piano was quickly drowned out. Now honestly, I am a
big fan of just her and the piano stuff, like "Baker Baker", "Thank you", and
"Mother" just to name a few, but I still really like the full band songs too.
I just was so amazed with  the different feelings floating around at that
concert, and to quote my husband it was like she went from being "possesed to
sounding like an angel..." It really confused me, but maybe that's just the
way Tori IS, and what she want her songs to present, and that's ok.

Getting back to comparing her with otr, when I was introduced to otr at a
Sixpence concert (they were playing GDBD "Poughkeepsie" in the background
before the concert...) I instantly had to know who was singing with the same
passion and honestly that I felt when listening to Tori, at that point I was
at a musical standstill in my listening AND songwritting and was feeling so
discouraged with everything! I immediately went out and got the albums and
was absolutely amazed to find something so similar to what I found in
listening to Tori, but it was also altogther different...and then to see them
in concert...

How does one describe how otr affects them? I just can't put it into
words...perhaps one better with words can...

I guess the bottom line is that I love music with depth, with feeling... The
bands I adore do more for me than just being good music, they are a source of
inner healing for me, an inspiration in my own songwritting, and hope in
times when there seems to be no hope at all. These musicians are few and hard
to come by, but I consider them blessings that God has given me when I happen
to find them...he truly has blessed me!

and I cast my worries to the sky...
Keisha