Re: Before OTR

I am not writing this to say that discovering OTR has been the defining
moment in music for me but it was pretty special. I started out with Carmen,
Michael W.Smith, & Petra, but then steered towards contemporary pop like Boyz
II Men, Mariah Carey, ect. (this was a dark period for me musically). I soon
discovered bands like Smashing Pumpkins, R.E.M., & Coutning Crows, and then
classic rock with the likes of Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Rolling
Stones. But one day I happened to come across Sixpence None the Richer's This
Beautiful Mess, and things started to change. I fell in love with the band,
and by listening to them I started to learn of many other bands/artists that
they loved such as Tom Waits, Radiohead, Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Jeff
Buckley, Emmylou Harris, and of course OTR. I use to work at Winn Dixie in
Palomar Centre in Lexington, KY, and one night some guy came in wearing a
white and black OTR shirt. I doubt if that person is on the list, but I'm
just checking! I can remember the first time I played Good Bad Dog. I had
never really heard another band besides Sixpence have such poetic
lyrics...and the music was beautiful! Anyway, that's my encounter &  pre OTR
history. Sorry if I rambled too much,

Brittney

P.S. Does anyone know if OTR will play the Blue Jordan Festival this year? Am
I right in thinking that Monk is playing there again this year?