Re: Before otr...

ken and/or bj wrote:
>Well, I am not too proud of my high school bands (MWS,
>Petra, and other earsores), by college i had graduated
>to Sixpence NTR (Beautiful Mess), the 77's, Prayer
>chain, etc.

in high school:
tesla, steve taylor, petra, stryper, white heart, bride,
tourniquet, deliverance, and a buncha christian rock.

i hardly have any of that now.  i kept the tesla and
steve taylor and some of the tourniquet, but i got rid
of most of the rest of the xian rock.

pre-OtR i was BIG into progressive metal (dream theater,
rush, echolyn, shadow gallery, queensr˙che, savatage,
fates warning, saviour machine, marillion, spock's
beard, kansas, ozric tentacles).  in fact, my freshman
year in college i got into dream theater.  that opened
me up to so many other things.

what got me into to OtR was probably caedmon's call.
they were probably my "gateway drug" to the whole
acoustic folk scene.  plus one of my cool music reps
(bryan ward from chordant/EMI) was into both saviour
machine and over the rhine.  so i figured they're
probably a cool band.

he was right.

Dan

np: george carlin - occupation foole

+-  Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web  -+
    dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/