Kent show

Laverne and Shirley hair?   nope,  that wasn't what i saw.    i saw the
cutest little ponytail thing thing going on.   i liked it lots.    and lots.

but what else did i see?   this was exciting.....

(suspense filled white space)

i saw Jay and Lynzi!!

(newbies will be forgiven for saying,  "huh?!")

Yeah, they they were, in the flesh,  on the floor as close to the stage as
anyone,  and closer than most.   They look good,  they are happy and still
very much alive.   It was good to see them again,  having been lost to us
for quite a while.

(newbies are now saying,  "oh.  i see.   some old losties have been
rediscovered.   ho hum.  i thought this was the OtR list,  not the Jay and
Lynzi list.   i want to unsubscribe. where do i go to sign off?).

I had my hands a little full at the gig for any kind of set list or notes
(and a big thank you to OtR's Stacie for helping a lot to ease the burden:
"thank you!"   so  i'll refer to Dan's  Canal St.  gig setlist.    Show Me
and  Green Clouded Tail Butterfly were good new songs.  Show Me was the more
up-tempo  song,  Green Clouded Tail Butterfly was (if i'm remembering this
well)  was  more of a mid tempo OtR song,  and they were both to my liking.
so go to gigs, OtR fans.  new stuff is present!  take your DAT decks!  (oh,
did i say that?  shame on me.)

Yummy Chick Alex was there  (hi alex!)  and i bring this up only to tell you
that it was ~not~ her this time who made the following comment:
Following the gig,  during talkie-time with the band,  a woman who i never
saw before  (which was too bad for me, 'cause she was heavy-duty cute!)  was
talking familiarly with Karin at the "bar" at Brady's,  and  DM and i
overheard her saying that the new songs "were full of yum".    Pretty
accurate, of course, but i just liked the terminology she used.   thought
i'd share.

The band this time was a three piece.   Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson,  and Neil
Peart come to  mind,  but actually they weren't there.   In their place we
had  Karin on guitar,  little tiny tinkle-toy piano, and vocals.   Jack on a
couple of electric guitars and a lap steel,  and Linford on Electronic Keys
and an Acoustic Guitar, which (having to go by my admittedly faulty memory)
might have been the first time i've seen him play a guitar.  there is a
glimmer of a memory of him playing one at a Cleveland gig, but it wasn't the
Symposium.   Where do they play sometime in the flats?  i can't remember...

Karin played to the northeast ohio audience by carefully selecting a
"property of the indians"  t-shirt.    she coupled this with a long dress,
ankle length, with a bit of a slit in it.

Stacie totally rocks.  she's swell.   i had the pleasure of her company at
my table for the whole gig,  and was very "happy to be so".

Hi, Jen!   thanks for taking Little Ian to see the ambulances.   he says
you're his favourite for doing that.   of the entire evening of new sights
and sounds,  that was what he appreciated the most.

Hi, Jamie.  see ya at Monk.

Hi, DM.  Gonna share that news here?   you don't have to...

Hi, Lynzi and Jay.  i know you're looking in now!   pop in a word from time
to time.  Ysoie's worried about you!

Amy Joy,  all i can say is i hope it survived the trip.   M is afraid it
won't.

Enjoy your gig in Columbus tonight,  all of you who are going.   Have fun.

i wonder when that new album they mentioned is coming out?

back to meaningful conversation...
jg
np:  the sounds of a chain saw and a wood chipper over on the next street
through my backyard.  cacophanous!!     oh, look, it's raining.  maybe
they'll stop.

.