REV: Canal Street 6.23.00

They played a lot of new stuff and/or older stuff that they haven't pulled
out too often... the first set was shock full of the newer stuff, and the
second stuff had some of the OtR staples...

It was a really good show overall... and it'd been since December since I'd
seen OtR.  Good stuff.  Oh yeah, it was a three-piece (K&L and Jack).
Nikki Buehrig opened.

Karin's new hair-style...she needed to be wearing a big script "L" on her
shirt.  :)  Sorry, but that's just the first thing that came to my mind
when they came on stage...

They played a tune that Bruce said that Jan's been requesting forever (see
setlist below), but they've never played it for her... so maybe their next
Chicago show, you'll luck out Jan...

*****SPOILERS BELOW****SPOILERS BELOW*****
**DON'T READ IF YOU'RE GOING TO THE SHOW**
*****TONIGHT AND WANT TO BE SURPRISED*****
*****SPOILERS BELOW****SPOILERS BELOW*****
Setlist:

SET 1-
When I Go  (K&L)
I Let It Go
Goodbye
Anyway
Show Me
Green Clouded-Tail Butterfly
If Nothing Else
It's Never Quite What It Seems
Cast Me Away
Little Blue River
Who Will Guard the Door  (K&L)
Suitcase  (K&L)
Fairpoint Diary  (K&L)

SET 2-
And Can It Be
June
Moth
Jacksie
All I Need is Everything
I Will Remember
Now I Know  (Cowboy Junkie's tune)
Lucy
Circle of Quiet
Latter Days

ENCORE-
Faithfully Dangerous
Go Down Easy

Somewhere in SET 2, Jack and Linford did a little jam session... I forget
in between which songs.  It was fun.  As for SET 1, I don't remember
hearing "Cast Me Away;" so maybe they didn't play it, or maybe I fell
asleep...

The three new ones in a row Show/Green/Nothing were cool.  Jack's guitar
tone on several of them were what Bruce referred to as "porno guitar."
Twas humourous.  They were good songs anyway.  The first two new songs at
the beginning of the SET 1 were good, too... but kinda mellow.  They were
nice, though.

Ah... I think this show made up my mind that I'm gonna try to make it to
the Sunday show in Columbus...

Have fun everybody at the Kent gig!!!

save the erf,
Dan

np: bt - movement in still life

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/