Remember the apple cart?

Hey all,

Remember when Linford stopped rummaging through his sepia-toned memories in
his attic long enough to ask us, this list, our opinions of Over the Rhine
going with a label, or just staying Mom 'n' Pop apple cart?

Remember that huge debate, sparked by someone (out of the blue, it seemed)
who came onto the list with guns blazing, denouncing Linford as a [jerk] for
even asking us what we thought?

Well, this link might be of no relation whatsoever, since I have no personal
clue what OTR's deal is with Virgin/Back Porch, but it was an incredible
article nonetheless, and made me think a good deal on what it really *means*
to sign on to a major label recording contract, etc. etc.

What's most amazing about it is the upped respect I have for the likes of
Courtney Love.

Go figure.

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/06/14/love/index.html

"Courtney Love does the math," transcribed speech to Salon article.

Anyway. I thought it was interesting.

-Krystyn
http://wellsie.com