clive liked it

cemery said this:

>>A black and tan is half stout and half ale.   Let's not take branding
too
much to heart.

I'm wondering though.  I've been wondering but haven't pursued trying to
find out.  Guinness is Irish; Bass is English.  The Black and Tans were
basically the terrorist branch of the English army during the Irish
revolution.  Somehow I doubt, given that fact, that the name "black and
tan" is coincidental.  Or that the clash of English and Irish in the
glass is coincidental.  Something to think about.  Nothing I have answers
about.

>okay, iīm confused...why would you work at liking something you donīt
>necessarily need to like?  seems like a waste.

Hi, Marie.  :)

The first time I tried beer it was something cheep and I was like, "Hmm.
Okay.  Hmm."  And I tried it a few other times without quite
understanding why Homer says, "Mmmm.  Beer," though I discovered that
there was a reason to drink good beer rather than cheap beer.  But.  What
happened was.  One day.  I *wanted* a beer.  "What is it that I need?" I
thought.  "It's beer!  Off to the Heorot!!"

Really the only proof that beer might be a worthwhile taste to acquire is
all the people who say it is.  Which includes CS Lewis, and everybody
listens to CS Lewis.  :)

Here end my two cents,

Fred