Re: Linford Detweiler - A Statement Of Faith

Linford always says it best.  Thank you, Jesse, for copying that to the list.  It's because I grew so tired of the cheerleading and the absence of any sense of the struggle, the "working out my faith with fear and trembling" in CCM that I never could really get that enthused by it.  That's why I'm so thankful for artists like Over the Rhine, Vigilantes of Love, Bruce
Cockburn, T-Bone Burnett, Mark Heard, Pedro the Lion and countless others who, as Linford so eloquently put it, seek "new ways of expressing gratitude for the sometimes frightening freedom to
discover what [they] believed to be true."  And because they aren't content with pat answers and the happy-happy-joy-joy face put on by the CCM world, their music actually connects with listeners who aren't part of the Christian sub-culture.  Thank you Linford for the depth and beauty of your work.

-Josh Jackson
PasteMusic.com
http://www.pastemusic.com