Re: What's in your earhole lately?

Subject: What's in your earhole lately?

> [Obvious attempt to change the topic...]
>
> What's everybody been listening to the past few days?
> Any new and worthy new musical discovery?

hi, i'm back (not that anyone noticed i was gone;  sometimes it's hard to
tell.)    i got back just in time to see some well adjusted lostie really
sock it to kyle,  at least in his own happy twisted little way.   hope he
feels better now.   so,  i guess if we see a guy at the OtR shows  with his
penis out of his pants,  we can assume that'll be Don?    "Hi, Don!"  we can
all say.   Maybe Karin can say, "Hi, Don!"  from on-stage.  "Nice penis.
It's kinda little, though,  isn't it?"
{See Don write a rant at me soon.   see me not care.   see me smile.}
Anyway,  while i was without a computer for a while,  i went to the library
and found (as Dave Barry says:  I am not making this up!)  Ella Fitzgerald
__pure ella__  and brought it home and was pretty much blown away by that.
I remember my dad being kinda big on Ella,  but it never rubbed off on me
growing up there.   Well,  better late than pregnant, i guess.   Highly
recommended.   I'm going back to the library to get it again (sshhhhh--and
burn me a copy).     Did i put "highly recommended" in capitals?  Maybe i
should have.
Also i found at another library branch a cd called  __fire in the kitchen__
and i guess it's a compilation cd, of sorts, of some Canadians accompanied
by Paddy Moloney  and some (maybe all) of the Cheiftans while the Cheiftans
were up in Canada with nothing to do  {insert trademark polar bear joke
here}.     Irish as hell,  fiddles everywhere,  absolutely splendid, yum yum
yum.
Y'know how Joni  Mitchell has that new album of her old material reworked?
yeah, well,  i saw  Carole King's  (sorta)  __tapestry revisited__  at the
library and i thought it was the same idea, so i checked it out.   Blecccch!
yukky!    i was wrong on that count.   bland people doing bland covers was
pretty much my impression of that disc.   (you may like it,  to each his
own)
Nine Inch Nails  _the fragile_.   I think my Nine Inch Nails days are over
and best relived in only my memories.   It's supposed to be good.   I'm sure
it is.   I didn't care for it.
Billy Bragg on the other hand i'm liking more and more.   Spent more time
with __Mermaid Avenue__ recently,  then bought  (bought,  not library!)
__preaching to the converted__  (which i think i have botched the title
here,  but it's close to that,   anyway) and was really digging that for a
couple days.
Finally,  Emmylou Harris'  __spyboy__ was at the library,  and i found a
couple shining gems on that album,  but overall i didn't like it as much as
i expected to.  not as well as the studio __wrecking ball__  and not as well
either as the live,  country  __at the ryman__,    but still was reasonably
satisfied with the album.    good for free,  happy i didn't actually come
off the cash for it.
I found a pj harvey i didn't have, but really didn't give it a chance to
spin.  too much other really good stuff,  and not enough time.   sorry  pj.
i'll make a date with you again soon.   it wasn't your fault.

i didn't have enough cash to do (well, anything, really)  the 3 shows  that
were here recently,  and binknight clashed with otrnight anyway,  so i did
the (cheap and) respectable thing:  i sat out all 3 shows.  No bink,  no
Kelsey, no OtR.   hope you all had a good time those of you who went to any
of these shows.    maybe see you at another one.

Huge Anne E. DeChant news,  based on the newsletter i just got in the mail.
Things really seem to be rolling along for her right now.   I'd be happy to
share or maybe point you to a website to read all the happy shit,  e-mail me
if you're curious.

Outdoor kat Frankenpinecone had 4 kitties on the Spitfire's  seat.   One of
'em  we're hoping,  might turn into a Himalaen  (why can't i spell that?
Him-ah-LAY-en.  sound it out for yourself while my brain atrophies into a
....well, whatever they atrophy into when they quit knowing how to spell
simple words.)    It looks like a Himmy,  and i saw that one of the kats in
the kat circle jerk Frankenpinecone hosted was a Himmy,  and one i've never
seen before or after.   Just came by for the festivities, i guess.     We
have homes for them all,  but we're kind of wishing we only will have to
place 3 of them.     2 Siameses and a Himmy would look good running round
our house,  don't you think?   (we do!)

Rambling on,  must have missed the daily nonsense.
Kyle,  Don,  kiss and make up.

see ya's.
jg