...and one more thing...

There are a couple of bands that I would probably consider average.  But it doesn't mean I don't like them.  I may even own a cd or two by them.  If I say something is average, that term necessarily entails that I see some worth in it.  Otherwise I would say it sucks.  Get the difference?  I might even - and have on several occassion - go to a show by a band I consider average.  I might do this because I think it might be fun or because of the company.  Heck, I might even hang out some on their list if I've got relationships with some other folks there or if I just happen to enjoy some of the conversation or witty banter.

You tell me...who's more out of line: the person who thinks a band is average - not quite as good as they used to be - but hangs out on the list because he grooves on the people and the talk; or the person who thinks the universe revolves around said band and hangs out on a list that really only occassionally has anything to do with that band and then makes it a habit to crucify others for enjoying the home that they, in essence, helped to build?

I dunno...just some more thoughts...

Kelvin