pike 27

>>Pike 27 opened up.  Um... too country for me.  I
>>think they played too long...
>
>I have to disagree with you here. I found Pike 27 refreshing
>and more rootsy than country. Nice to see a local band like
>them around here and I'll be looking for them again. They had
>a good vibe, a solid energy level and their lyrics were
>thought-provoking. But that's just one humble listener's
>opinion.

musically, they were more rootsy than country, but the vocals
were just way too twangy for my tastes- especially when the
electric guitarist or bassist sang... and for the most part,
i couldn't understand a word the lead singer was singing.  i
wanted to know what happened to that deaf guy and the train.
but their whole set the music drowned out the vocals, or the
vocals weren't enunciated, or something...

there were some enjoyable parts to their set, but i still
think they played for too long... :)

Dan

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/