No Subject

Lars Ulrich, re metallica's law suit against a company which developed
software which makes MP3 trading easier (Napster):

"It is therefore sickening to know that our art is being traded like a
commodity rather than the art that it is."

Huh?

"traded as a commodity" apparently = bad.

More bad = "freely available to all" or, in Metallica parlance, "And music
for all."

"bought and sold as a commodity" apparently = art.

Thank you, Lars.  I never before understood what it meant to be an ethical,
beauty-lovin' artist before.

Fred

Who sees the need to protect musicians and artists from exploitation but
hardly sees Metallica's right to make this lawsuit in this tone.  And used
to be under the impression that Lars had a brain.