Re: love and war and stupid people

> I think it's because if you were to read back over the list for a couple
> years you would see that the posts Christians have posted  have been quite
> mean, unloving, hate type messages

See, that's just it.  That's the common misconception.  I've been here
everyday for the last three years and I've seen "christian" listees
given the short end of the stick from the word go.  I have seen those
hurtful posts you're talking about, but I've mostly seen them come from
people who weren't given a fair chance to speak. People who were
attacked by multiple people at once.  I think most anybody would respond
just as negatively when faced with the type of prejudice that's
predominantly been displayed against christian posters on this list.
Then there's the backlash of "non-christian" posters who post and say
"see I told you so--that christian isn't showing the love of christ.
Christianity is a blemish on society."  Like being a christian makes us
any less human than the next guy.  It seems that as soon as someone says
the C word, the face plates go down and the fists go up.  Not to mention
the brains shut down too.  I have seen most of the flame wars and
misunderstandings born from someone just assuming that someone *meant*
something that was never even insinuated and responding in what they
thought was "in kind".  Once again, people have just historically went
nuts on this list as soon as someone mentions christianity... I just
don't get it.

Having said that I want to go on record by stating that the list has
been the most tolerant in the last year.  I'm very proud actually...