Re: love for a lifetime

>In your infinite wisedom

yikes!  let's step out of that box carefully, one leg at a time?  like a
human?  yes, just like that.

i can only write what is in my guts and what i've experienced.  and i've hit
some granite walls.  the fact that these eyes still manage to produce more
tears is a miracle! :)  i've also been flung toward some walls that turned
out to be of a different material to my sweet surprise.  grace, ahh, grace.
in your inquiry here, i can point no where by proverbially up.  this is
where our paradigms perhaps diverge.  the reason i can give (whether or not
it's returned) is b/c i have it to give.  you can't impart what you don't
have.  that kind of love comes from an intimate relationship (hey, no snide
comments :)!) with jesus.  he completes me so i don't expect a person to do
that.  my expectations in a relationship are completely different based on
that aspect of my life.  i mean, think about the marriage ideal of the two
becomming one.  it isn't simple addition (1+1 does not = 1): it's
multiplication (1x1=1).  so if i'm 1/2 of a person looking for my "other
half," what do we end up with?

>And don't you even suggest that I have not taken the chance and let others
>in.  I think I've done my share of that.

this was what i was asking about in the email i sent just to you.  i believe
you have to have some reason for feeling the way you do.  kelvin mentioned
that his heart sank when he read one of your messages, and i must confess
that mine has several times since, as you follow up.  and, btw, thanks for
your honesty.  i don't think people randomly invent their pain, suffering
and bitterness.  if you have (and i would wager that's a yes) given your all
and came out empty handed, i would go back to what really can fill a heart.
because it's not me, and it's not you.

-marie