CD Suggestions

Yesterday I bought:

* William Orbit "Pieces in a Modern Style" or something, it's classical
music set to his synth style (he was the co-producer of Madonna's Ray of
Light).  The songs are by John Cage, Beethoven, Henryk Gorecki, Handel, Erik
Satie, Vivaldi, Ravel, Pietro Mascagni, etc.  REALLY nice.  Not ultra
techno-y, but a strange, accessible piece of classical music.

* Andrea Boccelli's CD with the Sarah Brightman duet.  At Vegas two months
ago I watched the fountain display at Bellagio.  Typically not a fan of
opera, the song really affected me.  I walked away thinking, "damn, I'm
never gonna be able to find an opera song out of the haystack".  A week
later, ambling through Borders, the blind guy's CD case blares through it's
clever sticker campaign, "as seen on the Bellagio Resorts Commercial".  Hmm.
  Awesome tune.

Other things I've gotten recently I whole-heartedly recommend:

* Eels "Daisies of the Galaxy".  Quirky, upbeat pop/rock.  New album.
* Fiona Apple "When the Pawn..."  Well produced, well written.
* Magnolia Soundtrack (New Aimee Mann, she has 5 new tracks I think)
* Michael Penn "MP4 Days Since a Lost Time Accident" whoo-wee!
* Wilco "Summerteeth" great one, from last year.
* Robbie Fulks "Let's Kill Saturday Night" country-rock.  great lyrics
* New AC/DC (just kidding, that's for Dan T)

Bruce