Thoughts on that Xian topic and RE: Careful-List Newbie on the Floor

Well, I've been quiet lately.  All this debate on a topic (Xianity/Xian
bands) that, while I am well informed about, I don't care much
about, has, for politeness, made me keep silent.  While the "Plain
Jane" posts have recently become more kind/understanding, I
found one major point of contention- the following statament by
Jane thart "the difference is otr knows that a vast majority of their
fans are christians......".  I just have to ask, as a
researcher/student and co-leader of an alt. religion group, just how
many OtR fans are Xians?????  Not that I want to know the
individual religious beliefs of each and everyone one of y'all (that's
your personal life, and we don't need to probe too deep there), but I
simply think that OtR's fan base is much more diverse than most
folks would believe.  Really.  Truly.  There at least several dozen
non-Xian OtR fans in Kent alone.  Rabid fans who go to shows and
buy stuff and post to the list and they are not Xians.  Really.
(And BTW, before anyone can ask, the "X" is a term of respect for
the deity who I do not worship, and was a holy symbol for His
name.)
Please do not take any offense at this post.  I just want to make
sure that list diversity is well represented.

On a much more OtR-related note, to Chris Myers in response to
"list newbie on the floor", I think GDBD is a good OtR 1st buy.  (Try
to get the original release.)  It gives a good feel for a typical OtR
show and is very well-crafted (no indistinct lyrics or major musical
flaws.)  I rank Eve and TWHF as tied in second.  I count ASR as
being like Besides as an album that is best listened to when you
are already familiar with the band, as such, buy everything else
first.  P.S.  Just go ahead and buy all of the albums at once.  You
will want them all anyway.

with love, -Alyssa.  See my ugly face within the photos at
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~neopagan