Re: Fw: question--

hello, all.

[re: ppl turning on joan osbourne when they saw her nose ring]
> > Who are the "ppl"? Is this a general assumption, because you knew a few
> > people who did this, or did you really know of a mass of people who
>"turned
> > on her"?

ya know, this is a great question.  when i first read jg's post about it, i
didn't even question his source of facts.  as a result, i slipped right into
my pattern of scoffing at all of those "typical self-righteous conservative
christians"...in reality though, when i got my own nose ring in college, my
pastor was the first person to give me a huge hug the moment he saw me and
beam with pride at my new jewelry.  anyway, i'm reminded once again that
general assumptions are bad, bad, bad--even those assumptions that are
pretty much supported by some pretty convincing evidence...

> > would have been too long ago for me to remember them, anyway)  but what
> > remember was the (probable source)  MTV news blurb discussing the
>objection

mtv is your authority on contemporary christian thought?!  jg, i'm losing
respect for you by the second...  but, as i pointed out above, i've been
guilty of a few "general assumptions" myself, so i guess i'll show you my
tattoo after all.

> > (it must be the marshmallow peeps page....i'm just in a mood tonight!
>feel
> > free to smack me.)

consider yourself--um, never mind.

> > inbox. Oh, joy.

> > No,  that's  ~Amy~ Joy.     Oh Joy is her sister, but she's not on-list.
> > (yet)    (god, now amy's gonna smack me, too.   and then she'll ~never~
> > show me her tattoo.)

how many times do i have to tell you that oh joy is my mother, *not* my
sister?!  (actually, my mom's name really is joy.  and my tattoo is the
kanji symbol for "joy".  and ani difranco sings a truly wonderful song about
being a joyful girl.)

g'night, kids!

--amyjoy