From Angela's interview on KDHX, St. Louis

Well, this just seemed apropos. Thought I'd post it. Anyone know how many
Lostees there _really_ are?

(The entire interview is on the OtR site-- go check it out!)

A: Well, this would hardly be an Over the Rhine interview if I didn't ask
you what you were reading lately.
L: Aah. I--gosh, what have I been reading lately? I've been reading this
author named Frederick Beuckner who a lot of people have never heard of.
He wrote a book, a novel that was
nominated for a Pulitzer named "Godric", sort of a historical novel. He's
I guess on some level a Presbyterian minister, although he's basically
been an author most of his life.

A: So kind of a Batman persona-Presbyterian minister by day, author by
night.
L: There you go (laughs). He's one of those people who asks a lot of the
big questions. My father was a minister and I've been trying to make
sense of the tangled ball of string I inherited in
terms of trying to make sense of spirituality and all that stuff. Music
is one platform I've used to try to figure out what I believe is true. I
tend to be drawn to the authors who ask the big
questions, people like Annie Dillard... Somebody--my sister--was trying
to turn me on to Anne Lamott, so we're going to pick up Bird by Bird and
Travelling Mercies and check those out in
the next couple of weeks. Karin and I are playing a writer's conference
in late March. Anne Lamott's gonna be there, and Maya Angelou's gonna be
there, and Jewish writer named Chaim
Potok, who wrote a book called "My Name is Asher Lev"--great book. We're
really excited about this conference, or festival actually it's called,
it's up in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We'll be
doing a concert as part of the conference or whatever.

A: [Gushing talk about Anne Lamott.] She just told the funniest stories...
L: Yeah, she is awfully funny. My sister Grace was reading me some stuff.
Yeah, I've heard her name a lot in the last couple of months, so it's
time to check her out.