Re: [Compton (was RE: Cycles.)]

Chris Emery <Chris.Emery at ECoutlook_com> wrote:
> > NP:  NWA _Straight Outta Compton_
>

>> So why is it that almost everytime I read the word "Compton, the "N"
>> word isn't too far away?

>Actually, here's some for you guys following along at home.

>From 'Straight Outta Compton' by N.W.A.

etc, etc, etc. . .

How odd that all of this would develop two nights after my Linguistics Nerd
friend took it upon herself to explain to me the significant studies of AAVE
(Africian American Venacular English) --
This all begs the Linguistics question, what is AAVE when spoken by Chris
Emery or any other listee?  How exactly do we study this string?

(just trying to prove the absurdity of Linguistics)

and, as another example of Compton not being followed by an ugly word, there
is always Kid Rock (dear god, did I just type that?!)

--dana--