Re: First round o' thoughts....

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:39:51 -0500 Dan Temmesfeld <dantemm at erinet_com>
writes:
> Well, the first 7 confirms for 2000 are already an
>improvement,

So who are they?  Or, better yet, is the list on their website?  And just
what is that address?  I keep losing it.  Answers, boy...I want answers.

>And Rich Mullins got on stage and played "Hope to Carry On" with
>them.
>That was a good time.  Only to see Rich pass away a few month after
>that...
>I'm sad.

That was actually the last time I was at Cornerstone.  Funny thing is, I
didn't stay and listen to all of Rich's set, even though he is my hands
down favorite, because I thought it was rather dull.  Heard it all
before.  Then I never got a chance to hear him again.  Yeah, you're
right...sad.  Recently a friend asked me who I would choose as the best
Christian artist of the century, I could only answer Rich Mullins and
Mark Heard.  What will the new millenium be without them?

>I think the nasally vocals are only a third (or so) of their sound...
>the
>tunes where Cliff and/or Danielle sing lead vocals aren't quite that
>way.
>Actually, I think Derek's vocals are more of a "nasal sound meets
>sore-throat sound."  I love his songs, though.  His tunes seem to have
>the
>more personal element to them...

Alright already!  In the interest of being a new man for the new
millenium, I'll admit it!  I've actually found 2 songs on the new cd I
like..."Table For Two" and "Shifting Sand."  Please understand, I'm not
staking any claim of fandom, but they did pique my interest.  So much so
that the cd is among those in my changer now.  Who knows...

kb